Dates, Venues and Entry Fees
Proposed dates for 2018 festival:
- Choral Singing, Orchestras, Bands, Organ: 5 & 6 February 2018
- Speech & Drama: 12 & 13 February 2018
- Solo & Ensemble Singing: 12, 13, 14, 15 & 16 February 2018
- Piano: 12, 13, 14 & 15 February 2018
- Instrumental Classes: 14, 15 & 16 February 2018
- Millennium Competitions: 15 February 2018
- Concerto: 15 February 2018
- Recorders: 16 February 2018
- Young Musician of the Year: 17 February 2018
Time: Competitions generally start at 10 am each day but please check your tickets.
Please Note: The Festival Committee reserves the right to alter the dates if it is found to be necessary.
Note to trophy holders: Please return your trophy/ies in good time, before Saturday 6 January 2018, so that the 2018 winner may have their own award on the day.
Last date for receipt of entries:
- 11 January 2018
Choral Singing, Orchestras, Bands & Organ competitions:
- St Mary’s Parish Church, High Road, South Woodford, London, E18 2PA
Nearest Underground station:
- Central Line to South Woodford then walk or take 179 bus.
All other competitions:
- Forest School, College Place, Snaresbrook, London, E17 3PY
Nearest Underground stations:
- Central Line to Snaresbrook, then walk or taxi.
- Victoria Line to Walthamstow Central then taxi or 20 bus (heading to Loughton/Debden).
The location of your competition will be printed on your ticket. This will be sent to you at least ten days before the competitions start.
Please Note: The Festival Committee reserves the right to alter the venues if it is found to be necessary.
- The Millennium Competition classes 991, 992 and 993 have special entry and accompaniment fees
- Where these apply, they refer to the competitor’s age on 1st September 2017.
- For a group/duet/ensemble, give the age of the oldest performer. The fee is determined by the age of the oldest performer, except for open classes.